Celebrating my Little Sister :-)



"The thing about little sisters, is that They spend so much time wishing they were elder sisters that in the end they're far wiser than the elder ones could ever be.” That's my sister, my not so little bundle of wisdom!

 My little sister celebrates her birthday this week. Here is to reminding her, what she has always meant to me. :-)  <3
Growing up, I was the quiet one and she was the loud mouth of the house.
My sister was always the life of the party, the charmer, the outgoing one.
She was the dancer and the story teller, and whenever she was around, our house was always filled with laughter. She gave life to our days. And she still does. :-)

But don’t let her smile fool you. This girl is tough.
You know how people tell stories of their brothers or older sisters standing up for them during fights?
Well for me, it was my younger sister. For a long time, she fought my battles.  She would always came through for me when those naughty teenage boys would follow me around 'chokozaing me'. Or when someone would decide to challenge me to a battle of words, which I was clearly not good at, she would step in for me. This girl made enemies of those  my came my way even without asking why or how! She was my bodyguard! And just for your own safety, let me say this, NEVER EVER mess with me!!!

Yet my sister has also been my bubble buster. The one who awakens me to reality no matter how cruel it seems. She is the one person who always tells me the truth. Once, when I was in high school, she refused to be seen walking around with me because I was too big (read fat). And for the whole month when I was on holiday, whenever we were going somewhere, we would decide the route each was to take and the time each would leave the house just so that we are not seen together!!! Yap, that’s how much she wanted me to know I am big. And if anyone managed to awake me to the reality of my weight then, it was her. In one year, I lost 30 kgs!!! Heheheh! She is my reality check. So whenever I am looking for some honest opinion, I never have to go far.

Now lest you jump to conclusions, I want to tell you about my sister, the biggest cheerleader. My rock. The reason why I find courage to do what i do. She never settles for average and is not friends with mediocrity. She always urges me to go for bigger, better. She always believes in me, and makes me know that she knows that I will always work things out for us, no matter how big the challenge. She depends on me, and in her eyes, I can do all things. My sister has the kind of faith that Jesus was talking about when He was referring to faith that can move a mountain. She is not one to despair.

My little sister is just lovable. She just has a way of getting you to slowly like her and before you know it, she has you wrapped around her little finger! This girl is a magician when it comes to getting her way! She is the only person I know who can get whatever she wants from anyone, I tell you. I am yet to come across someone who has been able to say no to her demands! On her 20th birthday, she managed to get us to buy her a phone at the cost of 26,000/- while I myself was carrying around a 3000/- phone! Of course on my following birthday she got my ‘people’ to upgrade my phone saying it was a shame for me to carry such kind of a phone, when she had an expensive one! Hahahahah! Yeah, She is just amazing.

Today, I cannot be more proud of the young lady she has become. She loves, and is not afraid to show it. She is a strong, feisty, confident and aggressive kind of little woman, full of ambition and initiative. I look at her, and I see a young lady who knows exactly what she wants and is not afraid to go for it.

And this week, as she celebrates her birthday, I cannot help but share how AMAZING she is.
“A very Happy Birthday to my little sister. God truly blessed me when He chose her for me. I Love you more than you could ever know!”

“Bless you, my darling, and remember you are always in the heart — oh tucked so close there is no chance of escape — of your sister.”  


Am very sure mama is smiling down on you with love and pride. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Coffin Worthy of a Beautiful Mama!

ICU!

We Are Three!😂