Please Cover the Bones!


I was waiting for the Lupita fever to go down a notch before I posted this.

These past few days, I have silently observed the immense love and pride being poured out to Lupita Nyongo before and after she won the most coveted award in the film industry, The Oscar.

Bile aside, this girl has made it. Not because of anything else but for the fact that she managed to get even the president of our country, the first lady and all the government's who and who, competing to send congratulatory messages to her. Woe unto them, if they were left out of this praise party.

I mean, even our country's longest serving and biggest brands, the runners, have not gotten there yet. The Rudisha's and Kemboi's of Kenya can only dream of such recognition.

Come to think of it, I think our brothers could learn a few things from these guys from the lakeside. How they sell a logbook association to the country so much is a amazing, while the real people who have marketed Kenya since time immemorial look like mere toddlers at this art.

I am compelled to bow down, sincerely, Kudos to Lupita are well deserved, for this, and much more.

Yet as I have watched the hullabaloo of 'oh Lupita this and Lupita that' and the adoration being poured out, there is one thing that I have not really agreed with. Lupita's dressing!

It is hard for me to do this, but I just have to. So here we go. I only have two things to say really….

#1. It is amazing how people are marveling at Lupita's dressing yet really, I don’t think it is that good!!!

Oh, yeah, the clothes she wears are amazing, why lie and the colors are eye catching. Point to note here is the clothes.
Yet my eye has not seen the spark and amazement people are talking about Lupita, in these clothes. No hard feelings really, so please feel free to enlighten me people.

The blue dress that resulted in the trending of #nairobiblue on twitter is just but an example of what I am talking about.
Given, the dress was amazing. But did it look good on Lupita? In my opinion, NO!!!

Really, as I looked at her, all I could see were the outlines of her rib cage in place of her boobs. In place of a little armpit fat, I could see her ribs, heck I could even count them!
Yet the whole world over was gushing at how she looked beautiful. I mean what are you people talking about? Really, am i that blind?

She has displayed the rib cage again at the Naacp Image awards on the 22nd of February, 2014, it is horrifying. We already have enough images of malnourished and starved people from Kenya on the internet, I think.

#2. If you ask me, I would say Lupita should do us all a favor, as Kenyans, and cover those bones. She looks better that way!
You don’t believe  me? Check out the Golden Globe awards, she looked amazing.
The secret, you ask? Bones covered.

Need I say more? I am actually tempted to think that Lupita's trending on the fashion side is merely as a result of who she is wearing and not as much how she looks. But then isn't that how these things work?

So my two cents unsolicited advise is this, you are very beautiful girl. You look amazing. Just cover the bones. That’s all.

Ok, there. I have said it. I feel better already! ( at the risk of sounding like a jealous-good-for-nothing-b****)

However, after all is said and done, I, like any other Kenyan, am very proud of Lupita and would like to send my most sincere Congratulations.
A tad too late maybe, but very sincere.
(Unlike some of those who were sending them just because that was what was trending on Social Media, uhuh!)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Coffin Worthy of a Beautiful Mama!

ICU!

This S*** is Hard!